Thursday, February 23, 2012

FROM NOTHING TO...

This was an experiment I did at the end of the design development process in 'A Study of Perception'. I changed a few variables, using non-self-supporting fabrication, blowing up the scale of the cubes, and separating the cubes into different seams instead of having them conjoined in the previous garments. Originally I planed to keep the various sized cubes hanging and have the dress as a drape piece in juxtaposition to the previous structured pieces in the project. However out of curiosity I wanted to see if gravity wasn't a factor, what would the dress look like, And it transformed, from something subtle, into something grand; front something opaque, into something translucent, from something flat, into something three-dimensional; from something ordinary, into something magnificent. And all I did was opening it up. :)